Attorney Maurer’s practice focuses on litigation and counseling of individuals and companies in connection with a wide array of employment issues:
• Gender, Race, and disability discrimination cases against private employers, municipalities and federal entities.
• Employment and promotional candidates in cases against various municipalities.
• Public and private employees asserting that their employer had under-funded their pension plan.
• Numerous investment bankers, commodities and currency traders, and securities brokers against their Wall Street employers, negotiating releases from non-compete agreements.
• Senior executives in the nuclear energy, re-location services, and wine & spirits industries in conjunction with negotiating employment and severance agreements
Prior to founding Maurer & Associates PC, Attorney Maurer was a senior litigation associate at Fink Weinberger PC where she litigated cases on behalf of investors in the Prudential limited partnership scandal and in RICO claims against Rothschild Reserve, a partnership sponsor well known for the use of false appraisals and straw man buying schemes. She also successfully represented co-op sponsors in claims asserting breach of contract and housing discrimination tried to the New York Rabbinical Council.
Attorney Maurer received her undergraduate degree from University of Illinois in Finance; and her Juris Doctor from De Paul University School of Law in Chicago, graduating in the top 15% of her class. She had the honor of serving as a 7-11 law clerk to the Honorable John Hourihane, Illinois Appellate Court, and Caroline Schoenberger, Commissioner of Consumer Affairs for the City of Chicago.
Cash, Check, Credit card